If you are a California resident, please refer to our Privacy Notice for California Residents, available here.
Vacayoffers connects travelers with travel services and products offered by third parties, such as flights, accommodations, rental cars, packages, and travel insurance. This involves sharing personal information with third parties, including online travel agencies, hotels, rental car providers, airlines, and others (collectively, “travel partners”).
You may have certain rights or choices that relate to your personal information, including choices about how we share your personal information with others. For more information, please refer to the Your Choices and Rights section of this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
“Personal information” is data that identifies, relates to, describes, can be used to contact, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to you. For purposes of this Policy, there is no meaningful distinction between the terms “personal information” and “personal data.”
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You. As you visit or use our Services, we collect the following categories of personal information directly from you:
- Personal details (such as your name, age, birthday, gender)
- Contact information (such as email address, address, phone number)
- Booking information (such as, for each traveler, the traveler’s name, frequent flyer details, passport number, redress control number, country of citizenship, booking reference number, and itinerary, which may include name of airline or carrier, hotel accommodation and/or vessel, port of destination, port of arrival, date and time of departure and/or check-in, date and time of arrival and/or check-out, meal preferences, luggage information, and layover information)
- Your contacts (such as contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your reservations or itineraries through our Services)
- Your preferences (such as your home airport, seating preferences, meal preferences, communication preferences, and other preference information you provide us)
- Reviews you submit (including any screenname you publish under or any personal information you include about yourself or others in such review)
- Communications you send us (such as questions, conversations, complaints, or other information that you may submit to our support team)
- Other information you may provide (including other information you provide about yourself or others through our Services or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms)
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that many of our Services require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular Service or feature of that Service, you may not be able to use that Service or feature.
We do not proactively collect sensitive personal information, such as health-related information. However, our Services include text boxes that are designed for you to describe certain details about your travel preferences or special requests that you want us or our travel partners to know. Please be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us or to the travel partners or third parties with whom we share information (as detailed in the How We Share Your Information section below) certain information that may be considered sensitive personal information under applicable law (for example, information about dietary restrictions or disability accommodations). Sensitive personal information you voluntarily submit is processed on the basis of your consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us at the details set out in the How to Contact Us section below.
Personal Information Generated By Us. As you use our Services, we generate certain personal information about you, including through automatic data collection and by inferences based on the information we collect about you and your activity. We may automatically collect information about your interactions with the Services or communications you receive (such as email) using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies (see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details). We generate the following categories of personal information about you:
- Device information. When you visit or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information about your device (e.g., your mobile device, computer, or tablet), including information about your hardware and software, device configuration, and nearby networks. Such data may include data about your device operating systems, browsers, and other software installed on your device; such as IP address or other device identifier; country of origin, region and language settings; and information about domain servers and wireless or network access points near your device.
- Usage and performance information. We also automatically collect personal information about your usage of the Services, including information about your searches, statistics about the travel itineraries you share with us, how you interact with the features of our Services and the links you click, your preferences, access times, referring URL, and performance of our Services.
- Location information. If you use our Services, we automatically collect approximate location information about you (such as your city) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running, depending on the choices you make when you are asked to consent to our collection of location information. The technologies we use to determine your location may include IP address mapping, cell tower position, Wi-Fi position and GPS signals. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Services, for example, to tailor our Services on a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests (such as helping you find the hotel closest to you) and to provide you with more relevant content in the cities you visit (such as sending you marketing communications relating to goods or services in your current city, including local accommodations and travel options). Vacayoffers does not have control over your device settings, but we do recommend enabling location services on your device so you can take advantage of the location-based features and functionality offered. Please see the Your Rights and Choices section below for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
- Inferences about you. We combine the information we collect, generate, or otherwise obtain to draw inferences about your preferences and interests in order to provide and personalize our Services and tailor the advertising we and our partners display or offer to you.
Personal Information We Obtain from Third Parties. We may also receive certain categories of personal information from third parties, such as third-party websites, applications, social media networks, and services (each, a “third-party platform”), our group companies, travel partners, and other third parties, including individuals who have shared their travel itineraries with you through our Trips service. If you are an existing Vacayoffers user, we will combine this information with information we collect through our Services and use and share it for the purposes described below. The categories of personal information we may obtain from third parties includes:
- Your name
- Email address or other contact information
- Social media data, if you connect to our Services using a social media third-party platform or interact with Vacayoffers by liking or commenting on our social media pages or content, we may receive information from that social media third-party platform about those interactions and from your social media profile (e.g., name, age, gender, photograph, and other personal information related to that account)
- Browsing, purchase, usage and advertising details, including information about restaurant or travel accommodations and bookings you make through our group companies and travel partners (for example, if you book a flight through one of our group companies, we or our travel partners may receive the general location of your destination and use that information to provide recommendations for hotels or other accommodations or complementary services); how you use third-party websites, applications, and services; information relating to your interactions with our advertising and marketing materials; and demographic information about users of our Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes (“Purposes”), to:
- Provide the Services, which includes providing you with the services, products, and functionality offered through our Services and fulfilling your requests, including, but not limited to: facilitating and processing bookings with our travel partners, reviewing travel partners, paying for travel partners’ products and services through our Services, and notifying people you add to, or otherwise request to notify of, your bookings through the Services
- Show your reservations and bookings made through the websites, applications, and services of our group companies, such as Booking.com or OpenTable, on your account page
- Communicate with you about your account or use of our Services, products, and/or functionality (e.g., soliciting reviews and feedback, sending alerts and notifications you have subscribed to, providing updates regarding itineraries processed by our Trips service, sending you booking confirmations, sending you information servicing and administrative emails or other notices required by law); respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions; and otherwise provide customer service (see below for more detail on Electronic Communications)
- Send you marketing communications, including communicating with you about services or products offered by Vacayoffers, our group companies, or our business partners and other marketing communications that we believe you would be interested in, as permitted by law (see below for more detail on Electronic Communications and Your Choices and Rights)
- Operate and improve our Services and develop new products and services, including using analytics to better understand how you use our Services for purposes of product, website, application and service development and to enhance the user experience
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards
- Process your payment information
- Provide services and information to travel partners, such as providing user feedback and usage details
- Tailor your experience with our Services, such as by making inferences or combining different pieces of information we have collected about you to offer better search results or otherwise tailor our Services to you according to your preferences or restrictions. For example, if you frequently book rooms at four-star hotels and rent cars when you travel, we may prioritize four-star hotels in your search results or bring you a combined package offer for hotel and car, or prioritize accommodations you have previously booked
- Provide you more relevant advertising on and off our Services, including to show you personalized offers and advertising on and off our Services. For example, if you tend to book rooms at four-star hotels and often travel to Tokyo, we may display advertising for a four-star Tokyo hotel to you on our Services or work with our travel partners and advertising partners to display advertisements for four-star Tokyo hotels to you on other websites you visit.
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- Comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations, including complying with law enforcement or government authority requests, addressing litigation-related issues, and exercising rights or obligations conferred by law
- As otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law. If you give your consent to any further use of personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
You have choices about your personal information, and in some circumstances, you may have the right to opt out or object to our uses of your personal information for these Purposes. For more information, or to exercise these or other rights (where available), see the Your Choices and Rights section below.
Electronic Communications. Consistent with the above Purposes and as permitted by applicable law, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to:
- Send you information relating to our products and Services. This may include booking confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Send you marketing communications. In other situations, subject to the Your Choices and Rights section below and applicable law, we may communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and Services offered by us, our group companies, our travel partners, and other business partners.
With your consent, where required, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages in connection with the above Purposes.
Our Role as Data Controller. For purposes of European Union law and similar data protection regimes, we generally act as a data controller, meaning we determine the purposes and means of processing your personal information. Our travel partners to whom we may connect you to make reservations are also data controllers. To learn more about how a travel partner may use your personal information, you should review its privacy notice.
Processing Bases and Consequences. When we process your personal information, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of the contract we have with you (for example, if you use our Services to book a flight, we will process your information in order to allow the relevant airline partner to complete and administer that booking).
- Compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (such as when we are obliged to comply with lawful requests from competent authorities such as law enforcement).
- To serve our legitimate interests (such as tailoring your experience with our Services, carrying out online advertising, and for fraud detection), provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. The processing must also be pursuant to other applicable legal bases for data processing, especially provisions set out under local law.
When we use personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we take steps to ensure that your rights to your personal information are not infringed. You can contact us using the details set out in the How to Contact Us section below for more information about the steps we take to ensure these rights are not infringed. You also have the right to object to such processing as described in the Your Choices and Rights section below.
- Consent. To the extent that a legal ground described above would not apply to processing of your personal information by us, we will seek your consent for such specific purpose in accordance with applicable law (such as sending direct marketing messages by electronic means, like email, without an exception from the requirement to obtain consent).
Aggregate Information. We aggregate personal information collected directly from you, information generated about you by us, and information obtained from third parties (with your consent, where required) with personal information collected about other users in order to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user. Information that has been aggregated and de-identified is no longer considered “personal information” and may be subsequently used for any purpose.
Anonymized Information. We may process information that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user using any means available to us, either because it was collected anonymously or has been subsequently anonymized. Information that is anonymous or has been anonymized is no longer considered “personal information” and may be subsequently used for any purpose.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose the personal information we collect (or otherwise generate or obtain) as follows:
- With our travel partners. We share your information with our travel partners to provide the Services (such as connecting users with airlines or online travel agents to book a flight or other travel service, and sharing personal details, contact information, passport information, preferences, requests, accommodations, and other information with the airline or online travel agent) and for our travel partners' own purposes, which may include marketing or advertising purposes (see below for more detail on Sharing with Travel Partners).
- With our group companies in our corporate family. We share your information with our group companies within our corporate family, including but not limited to for the Purposes described above, to provide you with integrated products and services, and for our and their marketing purposes (see below for more detail on Sharing with Our Group Companies).
- With other business partners. We share information with other third-party business partners for their own marketing purposes, including sharing with online advertisers or advertising technology (“ad tech”) companies to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing communications, where permitted under law (see below for more detail on Sharing with Our Business Partners).
- With social networking services. We share (or facilitate your sharing of) your information with social networking services when you use our Services to connect and share your information publicly or with friends or when you use our Services to connect with us on, share on, or use third-party social networking platforms and services (see below for more detail on Sharing with Social Networking Services).
- With other service providers. We share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf (see below for more detail on Sharing with Other Service Providers).
- In the event of a corporate transaction. We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- To protect rights and property. We may disclose your information to third parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, our property, the integrity of the Services, personal safety, or the interests of you or any other person, and to detect, prevent and/or otherwise address fraud, risk management, security or technical issues.
- To comply with and as required by law. We may disclose your personal information to government authorities or other relevant third parties in order to comply with applicable legal requirements, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or lawful requests from governmental authorities.
- Aggregate information. We share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties at our discretion.
- At your request. We also share your information as directed or requested by you, or subject to your consent.
In some circumstances, you may have the right to opt out or object to our sharing of your information with certain third parties. For more information, or to exercise these or other rights, see the Your Choices and Rights section below.
Sharing with Travel Partners. Our travel partners include online travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental companies, and travel insurance providers. When you make a request for a booking or reservation from one of our partners through our Services, we share your information with that travel partner to facilitate the booking or reservation and provide the services you requested. Depending on the request, this may include your name, contact information, passport information, frequent flyer details, itinerary details as described above, your preferences, any special requests or accommodations, information or comments that you choose to submit (if any), and other information as required by the particular travel partner. Your information is provided to the travel partner, just as it would be if you contacted the travel partner directly. If you provide a mobile phone number in connection with your request, travel partners may send you text messages regarding your request. Some travel partners also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your reservation.
When you make a request, we also share with the travel partner additional information about you, such as information about your travel activity and history, and/or information that we collect from you and third parties. Travel partners use this information for their own purposes, which may include to improve their products or services and to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing communications, where permitted under law.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Vacayoffers maintains commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Retention. We may retain your personal information for as long as your account is active and for a period of time thereafter to allow you to re-activate your account without loss of information. We may also retain your personal information as necessary to:
- Maintain logs and business records for analysis, security, and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Services; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect or defend our rights, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts
When you use or visit the Services, we collect information about your usage and activity using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, affiliates, and other business partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law. See our Cookies Policy for more details.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Email. If you no longer want to receive marketing and promotional emails from Vacayoffers, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in such emails to opt out of future marketing email communications. If you have a Vacayoffers account, you may also opt out of marketing emails in your account settings. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Services, we will still send you service-related communications, such as confirmations of any future bookings you make.
Push Notifications (on Mobile Devices). You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from Vacayoffers.
Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive text messages from Vacayoffers, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. If you have a Vacayoffers account, you may also adjust your account settings to opt out of text messages.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our websites or Services, as well as other types of online tracking and online advertising, see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
Application Location. As explained in more detail in the Information We Collect and Use section above, we collect information about your location if you enable location services through the settings in your mobile device, or with your consent, as may be required by law. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
Sharing with third parties. As described above in the How We Share Your Information section, we share your information with third parties for their own purposes or work with those partners to support their own marketing purposes. You can opt out of sharing your information with:
- Our group companies, for their own marketing purposes;
- Travel partners, for their own marketing purposes (including sending marketing communications and providing targeted advertising, promotions, and other offers
- Other business partners, who use information for their own marketing purposes
Access and Correction of Your Information. If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and update your information. You may also contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Vacayoffers, including links to websites of travel partners and our advertisers, our group companies, and other business partners. This Policy only applies to information collected by our Services. We have no control over these third party websites, and your use of third party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third party websites linked to our Services, including those of our group companies. Your use of third parties' websites linked to our Services is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third party websites when you leave one of our Services.
Our Services are not directed at or intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from, children under 16 years of age. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at using the contact details listed in the How to Contact Us section below.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
- Identifiers such as contact information, name, email, or IP address
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information such as transaction history
- Device, usage and internet or other electronic network activity information such as information about your device type, browser settings or interactions with our sites
- Geolocation data
- Visual information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences about your preferences and interests from data we collect in order to provide and personalize our services and tailor the offers we and our partners provide to you
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data
We also disclose certain personal information for “business purposes”, such as disclosures to service providers who assist us with securing our Services or delivering marketing messages and advertisements. We disclose the following types of personal information for our business purposes:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data
- Visual information
- Professional or employment-related information
California law grants certain rights to California consumers. These include the rights to:
- access specific pieces of personal information
- learn about how we process and share personal information
- request deletion of personal information
- opt out of “sales,” as that term is defined under California law
- not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights
You may exercise your right to opt out of “sales” by clicking this link and following the instructions: Do Not Sell My Info.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
What are Cookies?
If you have any questions regarding our use of your data contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or which are impractical.