Flights from New York to Punta Cana
Anyone looking for flights from New York to Punta Cana is probably doing so because they want to get away from the busy schedule of the city. Punta Cana is the perfect place to relax. The tropical place might not be everyone’s first choice, but it certainly doesn’t seem to suffer from a lack of tourists. In fact, there are people sunbathing almost all year, no matter the season.
Some people simply love walking on the silky sand on this island of the eastern Dominican Republic. The entire place is built with tourists in mind. The kind that doesn’t necessarily want to go far from the ocean and enjoy staying by the beach fits in best here. If we look at all the hotels by the beach, there is almost none that isn’t all-exclusive. A person might as well get spa treatment while gazing at the clear blue ocean.
For all the relaxation the place has to offer, Punta Cana does hold its set of adventures. A hike to Hoyo Azul can be tiring but worth it when you look at the natural pool formed there.
Airports of Flights From New York To Punta Cana
Three airports in New York provide airlines with flights for Punta Cana. The three major airports happen to be La Guardia Airport, Newark Liberty Intl Airport, and John F. Kennedy Intl Airport. For New York City, John F Kennedy is at a distance of 20 km. Therefore, it is the farthest and has 75 airlines operating on it, which is the highest number.
Newark Liberty Intl Airport is comparatively closer to the city, about 14 km. It also has a good amount of airlines connected to it. The 41 airlines make up for a decent number of flights to Punta Cana, even if it is low compared to John F Kennedy.
Then, we have the La Guardia Airport, which is about 13 km away from New York City. It also has the lowest number of airlines operating from it at 25. Still, there should be enough flights to book one for Los Angeles. However, the airlines available might not have too many flight timing or range in the ticket price. If you take a one-stop flight, you might have to stop at Miami, FL - Miami International Airport before reaching Punta Cana.
The Punta Cana Airport is Punta Cana’s biggest and closest airport. There are 22 airlines on it, and while domestic flights are barely 7 in a week, 235 international flights depart from the airport.
Punta Cana, relatively well-known among vacation-goers, doesn’t have the highest number of flights from New York to the city. This makes for the need to be prepared while booking tickets, as you might not get the ideal flight timing and date you want. Some tips might help you decide on a relatively relaxing flight timing, though.
- If you want a price below the average range, you need to book tickets at least 2 weeks in advance. If you want the cheapest flight from New York to Punta Cana, you need to look for tickets at least 90 days prior.
- The direct flights from New York to Punta Cana depart somewhere around 7:16 EDT. The flights departing in the morning tend to have a 12 percent higher price than the evening ones, so you might not want to opt for them. On the other hand, evening flights would mean you would react to Punta Cana quite late. This would lead to a day wasted in the city where you would only be able to have a good dinner.
- The distance between New York and Punta Cana is 2,524 km. This means you spend close to 4 hours on flights. Considering only 4 daily flights leave from New York on average for Punta Cana, you want to grab the earliest one if it’s affordable.
- If you want a nonstop flight, the obvious airline is JetBlue. The airlines seem to have the highest number of nonstop flights for Punta Cana, along with good facilities and different price points.
- One-stop flights take longer than nonstop ones as they tend to stop over on Miami, FL - Miami International Airport. Yet, one-stop flights can be cheaper, so a lot of people opt for them. If you prefer one-stop flights, you would want to take one earlier in the day, considering the added travel time.
Favorite Tourist Attractions
The airfare from New York to Punta Cana is nowhere near the inexpensive range. Booking your tickets days in advance isn’t enough to lower the ticket price by much. After all, it is a popular vacation spot. You might love the beachside resorts, but we have a list of things you can do if you want to go further than that.
● Bavaro Beach is famous for two things. One is the blue ocean, and the other is the wall-pool created for each kind of creature. You can safely take a look at lots of sea creatures without getting too close to them.
● A lot of people love hiking. If you are walking to Hoyo Azul, though, you would be rewarded with the sight of a swimming pool that formed due to erosion of limestone. You can add this to the list of things that would serve as a unique memory in your life.
● Hard Rock Casino is famous for the 18000 rooms, some of them available for playing golf carts.
● If you are one for the arts, your feet might naturally take you to Altos de Chavón. Imitating a 16th-century Italian village, the amphitheater there with 5000 seats has witnessed performances from Frank Sinatra, Sting, and Elton John.
Best Time to Visit From New York To Punta Cana
Cheap flights from New York to Punta Cana aren’t easy to obtain due to the simple fact that the weather is on the warm side all year. There aren’t exactly times where there are more tourists in one season compared to the other. Though, it does seem people seem to avoid the place during the rainy months when the chances of a tropical storm increase by a lot. These storms don’t last more than 10 minutes, so they do not ultimately deter many tourists. Keeping all this in mind, let’s take a look at the times most tourists consider to be the best.
- Winter Season
This appears to be the high season for Punta Cana. This would account for November to March, when the cold seems to have set in. However, the rain is still present, so the number of tourists could be on the low side during November. During January, though, there is a much more pleasant distribution of people enjoying the beachside breeze.
- Monsoon Season
From June to November, it can rain on the extreme with frequent storms. September seems to be the worst. This could be the right time to visit for many people though, who wish for cheaper flight tickets and cheaper hotel room rates.
Another cause for concern of people going to Punta Cana is hurricanes. It is rare but has the chance of occurring in any season. It could happen either in March or November. Although it is never strong enough for you to cancel your flight ticket, it is recommended you have some of the safety items in preparation for sudden hurricanes.