Flights From Miami To Punta Cana
Punta Cana isn’t a place most people think of while dreaming of a holiday destination. A place filled with history and culture, the trip could be relaxing and educational. While searching for flights from Miami to Punta Cana is not the first thing that comes to mind for a sudden getaway trip, the tropical place does remain packed year-round with tourists.
On the eastern side of the Dominican Republic, the beach of Punta Cana has such soft, silky sand that it’s easy to mistake it for synthetic. It’s the perfect Caribbean dreamland, manufactured exclusively for tourists who enjoy lounging under the sunlit sky but don’t enjoy going too far from their hotel. Almost all the resorts near the beach are all-exclusive.
People go to Punta Cana to spend their time doing leisurely stuff, but the place has some amazing adventures to offer. For example, there are the La Cana and Punta Espada golf courses or a chance to hike around Hoyo Azul.
Airports of Flights From Miami To Punta Cana
If you want to take the flight from Miami to Punta Cana, the obvious major airport would be Miami International Airport. However, if you were to take a one-stop flight, New York City, NY - John F. Kennedy International Airport would be the midway destination.
In total, Miami and Punta Cana have a distance of 1466 km. Naturally, the time taken to reach there would be long. In-flight, it seems to take 2 hours 28 minutes. About 4 weekly flights leave Miami International Airport and land at Punta Cana Airport. There are about 3 daily flights on average you can try to book. There are a total of 4 non-stop flights in a day, which is usually the most popular one. In that case, American Airlines would be the best bet.
For Punta Cana, the major airport is Punta Cana Airport. Punta Cana has connections to 24 cities for non-stop flights and hosts 22 airlines. Domestic flights are about 7 in a week, but 235 international flights leave the airport. So, if you wanted to take a trip to another amazing destination from Punta Cana, it is entirely possible.
Before you start considering the airfare from Miami to Punta Cana, you should know more about how to travel there. Some knowledge about the route before booking the trip can save you a lot of trouble.
- Daily, there are 3 flights available on average from Miami to Punta Cana. Weekly, 4 flights leave Miami to head to Punta Cana. Usually, about 4 non-stop flights are available in a day.
- If you want the airlines with the most non-stop flight from Miami to Punta Cana, the obvious choice is American Airlines.
- The flight usually lands on New York City, NY - John F. Kennedy International Airport for the one-stop flights from Miami to Punta Cana.
- The distance between Miami and Punta Cana is 1,466 km. If a direct flight leaves Miami International Airport to reach Punta Cana Airport, it takes about 2 hours and 28 minutes. You will want to book a flight earlier in the day if you don’t fancy reaching Punta Cana late at night and then looking for lodging.
- Additionally, direct flights tend to depart the airport about 10:55 EDT, so you will likely find a flight during the day anyway.
- The closest airport to Punta Cana would be Punta Cana Airport, so that’s where you will land.
Favorite Tourist Attractions
The notoriously inexpensive airfare from Miami to Punta Cana is sweetened by the hosts of activities that you can do at the holiday destination. Once you’ve booked a beachside resort, it’s time to explore the exciting places outside of the beach. Let’s take a look.
● Who doesn’t love beaches? If you’ve booked a flight to Punta Cana, you most certainly do. The white sand and blue ocean of Bavaro Beach, combined with how the creatures have their specific wall-pool, makes it the ideal place to start.
● If you visit Dolphin Island, you get the unique experience of seeing Dolphins in a pool filled with clear water that’s actually in the middle of the ocean.
● Sometimes, it’s fun to play games, especially when the location is a Hard Rock Casino with 18000 rooms. There are also golf carts all around the site.
● Hiking to Hoyo Azul in itself is a terribly pleasurable activity, but once you reach Hoyo Azul, you get to experience something truly unique- a swimming site that formed as a result of limestone erosion.
Best Time to Visit From Miami To Punta Cana
It is easier to find cheap flights from Miami To Punta Cana if you know the right time to go there. If you visit the area during popular travel time, you would want to book your tickets months in advance. On the other hand, if you visit when the tourist rate isn’t high, it can be easier to get inexpensive flight tickets. However, it also means you might miss out on some seasonal attractions. To help you decide, let’s take a look at the best time to visit Punta Cana.
- January To March
This is the period when Punta Cana gets the most travelers. But, unfortunately, it’s also heavily cold during this time of the year.
- April to September
There are a lesser number of tourists from April to September. There are still lots of tourists present, but it is less compared to the December crowd. This is because of the increase in average rainfall during this time.
- October to December
This is when Punta Cana has the lowest of visitors. The rainfall average is higher, and so is the temperature.
It’s rare for hurricanes to happen on this tropical island, but they can occur almost any time of the year. This means you need to take some precautions before visiting the island, but you don’t have to think of the hurricane as a huge factor for your travel plans. Compared to hurricanes, storms are much common. Even then, they seem to last for 5 to 10 minutes at best. Then, once the storm passes, it’s back to sunshine land.
In all honesty, any time of the year is a good time to visit Punta Cana. The seasons don’t have a huge effect on the place, and it is brimming with tourists year-round, though it can be more and less depending on the time of the year.